Yingjiu Nie, Ph.D.
- Office: HBS 1016
- Phone: 540-568-3867
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mailing Address:
235 Martin Luther King Jr Way
Harrisonburg, VA 22807
- University of Minnesota Ph.D in Speech-Language-Hearing Science
- University of Minnesota M.A. in Communication Disorders
- Capital University of Medical Sciences, China Master of Medicine (Otology)
- University of South China, China Bachelor of Medicine
Research and Teaching Areas
- Speech perception in adults and children with normal hearing and hearing loss
- Implantable auditory prosthesis
- Auditory scene analysis
- Audiologic Assessment (CSD 514)
- Tinnitus and Pharmacology (CSD 550)
- Cochlear Implants (CSD 720)
Auditory Perception in Children and Adults Lab
Current and Ongoing Research Projects
- The effect of amplitude modulation interference/confusion on speech understanding in noise in children and adults.
- Developmental effect on perceptual weighting of acoustic cues for speech understanding in noise.
- Auditory stream segregation with cochlear implant processed signals
Publications (last five years)
Publications in journals:
- Jin, S., Nie, Y., & Nelson, P. (2013). Masking release and modulation interference in cochlear implant and simulation listeners. American Journal Of Audiology, 22(1), 135-146.
Publications in Proceedings of Meetings:
- Nie, Y., Svec, A., Munson, B., and Nelson, P. (2013). The effects of temporal envelope confusion on listeners’ phoneme and word recognition. Proceedings of Meetings on Acoustics.
- Nie, Y., Chi, Y., Wang, Z. Pediatric Otoacoustic Emission. in Sichang Jiang Ed. Diagnosis and Difference Diagnosis of Otorhinolaryngology-Head-Neck-Surgery (in Chinese). Beijing: Peking Union Medical College Press, 2000, 730-734.
- Chi Y., Wang, Z., and Nie, Y. Electric Response Audiometry to Pediatric Age Group. in: Sichang Jiang Ed. Diagnosis and Difference Diagnosis of Otorhinolaryngology-Head-Neck-Surgery (in Chinese). Beijing: Peking Union Medical College Press, 2000, 723-729.