Christina Kuo, Ph.D.
- Ph.D. University of Wisconsin-Madison, Madison, WI
- M.S. University of Wisconsin-Madison, Madison, WI
- B.A. National Taiwan University, Taipei, Taiwan
Research and Teaching Areas
- Introduction to Communication Disorders (CSD200)
- Neuromotor Speech Disorders (CSD560)
- Language Disorders in Adults (CSD641)
- Speech acoustics and speech motor control
- Acoustic-perceptual relationship of variability in speech and its implications for speech motor control
- Speaker variability in populations with motor speech disorders to understand the mechanism of speech motor control for enhancing approaches for clinical management
Current and Ongoing Research Projects
- Acoustic correlates of speaker variability in speech to further understand speech motor control
Publications (last five years)
- Kuo, C. (in press). Formant transitions in varied utterance positions. Folia Phoniatrica et Logopaedica.
- Tjaden, K., Richards, E., Kuo, C., Wilding, G., & Sussman, J. (in press). Acoustic and perceptual consequences of clear and loud speech. Folia Phoniatrica et Logopaedica.
- Kim, Y-J., & Kuo, C. (2012). Effect of level of presentation to listeners on scaled speech intelligibility of speakers with dysarthria. Folia Phoniatrica et Logopaedica, 64, 26-33.